– Lata Shridharan M.D. FAAP
We take an integrated and holistic approach to help you raise a healthy, smart and energetic child.
We have two locations: Central Plano and Frisco.
Call 972-618-3547 early for the same day sick appointment.
OUR CLINIC AND DOCTOR
Dr. Lata Shridharan is a Board Certified Pediatrician with 19 years of experience.
- Rich Experience: Award-winning doctor; Experience at some of the best hospitals in the nation (Stanford Hospital, California and Children’s Medical Center, Dallas)
- Practical Knowledge: A mother of two kids and knows first-hand the challenges of raising healthy children
- Centrally Located: 10-20 minutes from anywhere in Frisco, Plano, Carrollton, The Colony, Little Elm, Allen, Richardson, and McKinney.
- Convenient Timing: Same day appointment for a sick visit
- Complimentary After-hours Medical Care
- We serve almost all public and private insurances and Low non-profit like self-pay rate
- Friendly, multi-lingual Doctor and Staff (English, Spanish, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, and other languages)
- Dallas Child Mom Approved Doctor (5 years in a row)
- Mom Recommended Doctors
- Patient’s Choice Award
- HealthGrades Recognized Doctor
- Delighted Parents: Feel free to ask our parents what they say about our clinic and care. Or read our Patient Testimonials.
We encourage you to ask questions so that we can offer a more relevant and personalized care.
PARENT NEWS ALERT
- The doctor now has privileges at Presbyterian Hospital in Allen.
- Natural Pediatrics has been awarded “Mom Approved Doctor” once again in 2018. Thank you, parents.
- We have a new parent portal for your child’s medical information. With the portal, you can confidentially schedule/cancel an appointment, request refills/prescriptions, print your immunization report and check Lab results.
OUR PHILOSOPHY OF CARE
By training, I am an American Board Certified Pediatrician. But in my younger years in India, I grew up with non-chemical alternatives for common ailments. As a mom, I have tried to incorporate that for my kids and it has worked wonders. As I employ natural & alternative medicines, I realize the beauty and wisdom of living closer to earth. This is the reason why I integrate both…for acute ailments, I follow recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics, but for simple and/or chronic conditions, I suggest natural alternatives (such as a diet and nutrition change, yoga, or a behavioral and parenting change) first.
A few folks associate the word “natural” exclusively with “no shots.” While I am open to alternative schedules and working with parents, I am a foremost advocate for your child and hence I do recommend vaccination. I strive to use only preservative-free vaccines where available. The safety & benefit from these vaccines far outweigh the tragedies of not vaccinating which I have experienced. As a result, I believe that “Prevention is better than cure.“
In western training, we are raised to think that “health is the absence of symptoms.” Eastern philosophy, on the other hand, has educated me that “Health is a state that allows one to use the full capabilities of their body, mind, and intellect. Healthy living, therefore, is a balanced state of well-being: physically, mentally, socially and spiritually.” This implies that healing is not a “one-pill-fits-all,” but a personalized experience for every child.
– Dr. Lata Shridharan