While it would be easy & wise to shut down the clinic during this fast-growing Covid-19 crisis, we at Natural Pediatrics believe that we should remain open for your (and our) children as long as possible, to help you at this time of crisis.
The providers and staff at Natural Pediatrics are taking an abundance of caution and are working hard to keep our children safe and healthy. Here are some of the changes that we have done for your safety:
- We are triaging all calls for COVID-19. Since there are no testing kits available for our lab, we are requesting suspected/potential COVID-19 patients to NOT come to the office, but do a Telemedicine visit instead.
- If your child is sick, you may be asked about their travel plan, exposure to COVID-19 patient, and other specific symptoms to rule out COVID-19. A Telemedicine visit may be set up for health assessment. Once COVID-19 labs are up and running, you may be referred to those sites, for confirmation.
- For well visit patients visiting the clinic, we are spacing out the patient visits to give staff enough time to sanitize and wipe down all areas after every patient. We have also removed all toys, games, and books to avoid the easy spread of germs.
- As soon as you check-in, we will either take you to a room right away or ask that you wait in your car until a room is available.
- We are rooming patients with non-COVID sickness (e.g. allergies, rashes, refils, referals) to a different area of the clinic or to another location to keep them away from well-child visits.
- We are continuing to offer same-day sick appointments and expanded availability for well-checkups.
Even though Covid-19 is not as dangerous to healthy children, it is important that we vigilantly ensure that your kids get their annual checkups and vaccines on time to stay well, especially at this time.
While this uncertainty may seem scary, we are in this together, as a family. Please let me know if I can help with questions or concerns.
Cheers and Good health,
Lata Shridharan MD
OUR PHILOSOPHY OF CARE
By training, I am an American Board Certified Pediatrician. But in my younger years, I grew up with simple natural alternatives for common ailments. As a mom, I have incorporated them for my kids and it has worked wonders. Hence we take an integrated and holistic approach to help you raise a healthy, smart and energetic child.
This is how we care for your child:
a) Prevention is better than cure. We do recommend vaccination. We strive to use only preservative-free vaccines where available. The safety & benefit from these vaccines far outweighs the tragedy of not vaccinating which we have experienced first-hand.
c) We suggest natural alternatives as the first line of treatment for simple and/or chronic conditions. Natural alternatives include natural and home remedies, diet and nutrition changes, yoga, or behavioral and parenting changes.
d) We follow the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations for acute ailments.
– Lata Shridharan M.D. FAAP
OUR CLINIC AND DOCTOR
We have two clinic locations: Central Plano and Frisco. Please call 972-618-3547 early in the morning for a same-day sick appointment.
Our clinic care director is Dr. Lata Shridharan is a Board Certified Pediatrician with 19 years of experience.
- Rich Experience: Award-winning doctor; Experience at some of the best hospitals in the nation (Stanford Hospital, California and Children’s Medical Center, Dallas)
- Practical Knowledge: A mother of two kids and knows first-hand the challenges of raising healthy children
- Approachable Providers: We encourage you to ask questions so that we can offer more relevant and personalized care. We also offer a portal for our parents to send their questions via email in private.
- Centrally Located: 10-20 minutes from anywhere in Frisco, Plano, Carrollton, The Colony, Little Elm, Allen, Richardson, and McKinney.
- Convenient Timing: Same day appointment for a sick visit and select Saturday hours.
- Complimentary After-hours Medical Care
- We serve almost all public and private insurances and Low non-profit like self-pay rate
- Friendly, multi-lingual Doctor and Staff (English, Spanish, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, and other languages)
- Dallas Child Mom Approved Doctor (2014-2020)
- Mom Recommended Doctors
- Patient’s Choice Award
- HealthGrades Recognized Doctor
- Delighted Parents: Feel free to ask our parents what they say about our clinic and care. Or read our Patient Testimonials.
PARENT NEWS ALERT
- We have a parent portal for your child’s medical information. With the portal, you can communicate with the provider, confidentially schedule/cancel an appointment, request refills/prescriptions, print your immunization report and check Lab results.