INFORMATION CREATED/SOURCED BY DR. SHRIDHARAN FOR YOU
These material were created by Dr Lata Shridharan for her patients. Hope you enjoy and find them useful:
- What to Avoid During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- More on Pregnancy and Your Baby
- Supplements and Natural Remedies for Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Nutrition tip for Moms
Sickness in Kids
Nutrition for Children
- What to Eat?
- Higher Quality Kids Food Supplements
- How to Avoid Pesticides
- Shoppers guide to pesticides in food – What to eat and what to avoid
- Food Color Additives
- Gluten Free Living
- EWG Guide of Good Eats IN and AROUND Dallas
Yoga for Children
- Book of Yoga for Children
- The Dos and Don’ts of Daily Yoga
- Raising a Chemically Free Child
- Low-Toxicity-Cleaners-brochure-2013 – A brochure on lower toxicity cleaners
- The Best Ethical Cosmetic Brands
- Natural Depression Remedy
Toxic Chemicals in your environment
- Toxic Matters – An overview for healthier life
- How smart are you about Kids and Cosmetics
- Naturally fight Mosquitoes
- Natural Disinfectants
- Arsenic in Food
- Carbon Monoxide and Child’s Health
- Impact of BPA and Phthalates on your Child’s Health
- How to Avoid Toxicity and Chemicals at the Workplace
Yoga for Parents
- Yoga for Raising a child
- Yoga of the Tongue – A primer on parenting
- Exercise for Back Pain and Yoga for Back pain – Especially needed when you start carrying children 🙂
Disclaimer: Information presented by the Natural Pediatrics Facebook and Webpage is for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice of a doctor or other medical professional. Statements made on this site are not an endorsement of any specific product, or a recommendation as to how to treat any particular health concern. Please consult a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise, supplementation or medication program. Dr. Shridharan makes no guarantee or warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to products, information or services offered on this website.
May 15, 2019 at 10:50 pm
Can you please provide information on the vaccinations you give. We truly are afraid of giving the vaccinations to our baby because of metal and all other unnecessary ingredients. Does your office give vaccinations without the metals and scarey other harmful ingredients? If so can you please provide an ingredient list for the vaccinations you give please. Thank you!
June 11, 2019 at 10:51 am
Vaccines contain live viruses, killed viruses, purified viral proteins, inactivated bacterial toxins, or bacterial polysaccharides. In addition to these immunogens, vaccines often contain other substances. For example, vaccines may contain preservatives that prevent bacterial or fungal contamination (eg, thimerosal); adjuvants that enhance antigen-specific immune responses (eg, aluminum salts); or additives that stabilize live, attenuated viruses (eg, gelatin, human serum albumin).
Having said that, let me first assure you. Vaccines that your child will get in our office are VERY safe. I will reassure – They are VERY Safe. I am so sure of their efficacy that both my kids (who are teens now) are fully vaccinated.
Why do I believe it?
a) They have been tested in 2-3 Billion children worldwide. They have been tested in manufacturer-independent labs. I have reviewed independent literature.
b) The additional substances in vaccines are in micrograms (one-millionth of a gram). To put this in perspective, the food that we feed our children DAILY has 1000 to million-times more dangerous substances, than in vaccines. Especially the meat and hamburgers that our kids eat is laced with pesticides, preservatives, colors and additives that are 1000 times more in concentration, than what are in the one-time vaccines.
If you want to discuss more, join us. I will explain the risk-and-benefits of each vaccine.
If you are scientifically bent, read https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/112/6/1394.full.pdf
May 15, 2018 at 9:53 am
What are your recommendations on vaccination? Any good data and research that gives guidance to parents on which vaccines should be received vs. those that can be avoided? I’m always weight risk vs benefit and believe it is beneficial for some but not all vaccines. Thank you.
May 29, 2018 at 8:34 am
Very good point Christie. I typically discuss each vaccines with the parents with the risk and benefit. In due course of the discussion we get a good picture of risk for the child. In some cases we skip HPV or Flu or Rota virus immunization.
July 23, 2015 at 7:18 pm
I absolutely love this