- Subway phased out azodicarbonamide from its breads
- A teenager’s petition help remove brominated vegetable oil from PepsiCo’s Gatorade. BVO is used in flame retardants.
- Online petition stopped Starbucks from using cochineal extract, a red dye made from crushed bugs, for its strawberry shakes.
- Kraft Foods says it will change select varieties of its mac and cheese next year to use natural colors instead of the yellow color additive
- General Mills is going non-GMO on the Cheerios Brand.
- Chick-fil-A has been removing artificial dyes and high-fructose corn syrup from dressings and sauces. It is also switching to chicken raised without antibiotics.
- Walmart is planning to introduce Organic produce that is 25% cheaper than its competition.
Hurray to our food activists.