It is well known that exposure to toxic environmental agents is linked to miscarriage and stillbirth, low birth weight, abnormal fetal growth, preterm birth, childhood cancers, birth defects, autism, ADHD, thyroid problems, behavioral problems, and lower IQ scores. In the past pesticide exposure in men is caused poor semen quality, sterility, and prostate cancer.
Before Pregnancy, do a take environmental exposure readout.
During conception/pregnancy be careful of the following:
· eat well-washed fruits and vegetables
· avoid fish that contain high levels of methyl mercury, like shark, swordfish, king mackerel, and tilefish.
· reduce exposure to toxic environmental and household chemicals
· avoid cigarette smoke,
· consider organic pest management
· use fewer personal care products / cosmetics and less frequently
· avoid chemical laden air fresheners, soaps and shampoos and clothing treatments
Keep out of Plastics, BPAs and canned food. Read our other article on BPA.