1. HAVE A HEALTHY AND HEARTY BREAKFAST: The brain needs sugar to function. Breakfast improves the blood sugar level. Lack of sufficient nutrients could lead to brain degeneration.
2. AVOID OVER EATING: Overeating hardens the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.
3. AVOID SMOKING OR EVEN EXPOSURE TO SECOND HAND SMOKE: Smoke chemicals are known to cause brain shrinkage and may even lead to Alzheimer disease.
4. AVOID CARBONATED DRINKS AND HIGH SUGAR CONSUMPTION: Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.
5. LIMIT EXPOSURE TO AIR POLLUTION: The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.
6. SLEEP ADEQUATELY: Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells.
7. GIVE YOUR BRAIN A REST DURING ILLNESS: Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well as damage the brain.
8. ENGAGE IN STIMULATING THOUGHTS: Thinking is the best way to train our brain. Lack of brain stimulation thoughts or mental exercise may cause brain shrinkage.
9. EXERCISE IN FRESH AIR: A healthy mind needs a healthy body.
10. EXPOSE CHILDREN TO INTELLIGENT CONVERSATIONS AND PEOPLE: Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. – Eleanor Roosevelt.