There is almost daily doses of these studies disguised under science that are fed to the public but don’t believe everything you read or watch.
Recently there was a study that came out stating “Diet soda helps weight loss”. Before you rush to take a gulp, stop and recognize that ….
NOT ALL RESEARCH ARE EQUAL.
- If the study contradicts some very basic knowledge, beware.
- If the Fox is guarding the Hen House (i.e. the research sponsor benefits from the study), Beware.
- If the study seems to be overmarketed by Media, beware.
- If the study is NOT large enough (sample size) e.g. 300 participant in the Diet soda study, Beware.
- If the study gives nothing more to describe its findings, then Beware.
- If the study is not independently validated or published in a reputed journal, Beware.
STOP and REFLECT on what you heard/read.