The prime months for mosquitoes are June, July and August though mosquito season can extend into October in the Southern part of the USA.
Here are the top cities for mosquito treatment services:
3. Washington D.C.
4. Detroit, Mich.
5. Houston, Texas
6. Raleigh – Durham, N.C.
7. Boston 17. Cleveland – Akron
8. Dallas – Fort Worth, Texas
9. Charlotte, N.C.
10. Nashville, Tenn.
11. Memphis, Tenn.
12. Grand Rapids – Kalamazoo – Battle Creek, Mich.
13. Miami – Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
14. Richmond – Petersburg, Va.
15. Minneapolis – St. Paul, Minn.
16. New York
17. Cleveland – Akron, Ohio
18. Greenville – Spartanburg, S.C., Asheville, N.C.
19. Albany – Schenectady – Troy, N.Y.
20. Knoxville, Tenn.
Data from CDC shows that Texas has had 2029 cases of West Nile virus, carried by Mosquitoes
And we are entering the peak season starting in June
Mosquitoes are not just a carrier for West Nile. They are also responsible for
Takeaway: Protect your child from Mosquitoes this summer. It is more dangerous than all other causes of illness combined.