Deep breathing exercises can help improve your lung capacity by delivering more vital oxygen to your body. This will strengthen your lungs, and clear and cleanse your airways. To add to this, it will increase your energy and reduce stress. To carry out this exercise, follow the instructions below:
1. Find a comfortable place and lie flat on your back.
2. Place your hands on your stomach at the bottom of your rib cage.
3. Close your eyes and breathe in deeply through your nose while counting to 5.
4. Hold your breath for 2 seconds, and then breathe out slowly while counting to 5.
5. Repeat this 9 or 10 times.
6. Do this exercise 2 or 3 times a day.