1. Handkerchief Method
This is the simplest method. You just need to place 2-3 drops of the essential oil of your choice onto a handkerchief and sniff it occasionally. You can also place the handkerchief near your pillow before going to sleep. This way you can enjoy the benefits of the essential oil even when you’re sleeping.
2. Pot and Water Method
Another method you can use is the pot and water method. Simply:
- Place some water in a small pot.
- Add 6-7 drops of your preferred essential oil.
- Allow the water to boil.
- Turn down the heat and keep the pot on the burner for a couple of minutes to allow the essential oil to evaporate into the air.
3. Aromatherapy Bath/Massage
For an aromatherapy bath:
- Mix 3 drops of your preferred essential oil in 1 teaspoon of carrier oil (olive oil, coconut oil, or sweet almond oil).
- Add this oil blend to your bath tub filled with water and mix thoroughly using your hand.
Enjoy this relaxing bath for 15-20 minutes, a couple of times a week.
For an aromatherapy massage:
- Place 2 tablespoons of carrier oil like sweet almond oil into a bowl.
- Mix 10-12 drops of your preferred essential oil to the bowl.
- Massage your forehead, temples, and/or back of the neck with this solution.
- Do this a few times per week.
Note: Don’t get any of the oil into your eyes.
4. Homemade Solid Perfume Method
You can improve your mental power by blending some essential oils into solid perfumes. You can use a mixture of different essential oils or choose just the one depending on your preference.
- Open a container of any commercial solid perfume or homemade solid perfume.
- Put a few drops of essential oil on the top of it.
- Close the lid properly.
- Whenever you require it, just dab a small bit of the perfume on your temples.
5. Mister Method
You can also get the benefits of aromatherapy by creating a mister.
- Add 1-6 drops of essential oil to a spray bottle filled with distilled water.
- Give it a good shake and spray the oil-infused water in and around your surroundings.
- Use it when needed and change frequently.
6. Candle Diffuser Method
Before using this method, you must buy a candle diffuser. These are readily available on the market – you can try any shop that sells essential oils.
- Put water on the top bowl of the candle diffuser and then add a few drops of essential oil to it.
- Light a tea light underneath so that the heat evaporates the essential oil into the air around you.
Note: Essential oils can be flammable, so be careful when using this method.