A pool of mosquitoes in one of the city of Plano’s mosquito traps has tested positive for West Nile virus.
The area will be sprayed and borders Bob Woodruff Trail/Rockbrook Drive, Hillridge Drive, Valencia Drive/Hendrick Drive and Judy Drive.
SOMETHING TO KNOW ABOUT WEST NILE VIRUS:
- Symptoms and signs of West Nile virus include fever, headache, body aches, skin rash, and swollen lymph nodes.
- Severe symptoms and signs may include stiff neck, sleepiness, disorientation, coma, tremors, convulsions, and paralysis.
- A key feature of West Nile virus disease is encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain.
- There is no evidence for transmission from person to person.
- Use of insect repellents may help reduce the risk of becoming infected with the West Nile virus.