Stomach Gas is a problem that is becoming more prevalent due to modern food groups which encourage the build-up of gas in our system.
Symptoms of gas includes: Frequent passing of gas, Feeling as if bloated, Loss of appetite, Abdomen feels ‘tight’, Belching, Jabbing chest pain etc.
The main cause of gas is poor digestion. Some undigested food remains in our colon and get fermented by the bacteria that live there. This process releases gas that builds up in our abdomen. Unfortunately, the most healthy and fiber-rich foods are the ones hardest to digest, and so will often lead to gas build-up. Intolerance to certain types of food can also cause this effect. And finally, constipation will often lead to excess gas.
But there are easy way to fix this in your own home.
For quick relief:
- Aid a spoonful of baking soda to a cup of hot water and mix well. Drink this every couple of hours for quick relief.
- Hot liquids help the most, try herbal tea, but even coffee will help get that gas along.
- Lie down and keep your head elevated, this position will help pass the discomfort you are feeling in a few minutes. Remain in this position until the discomfort you’re feeling is gone. You can lie down on your side, but still keeping the head elevated. If you are in distress, another position you can take is kneels on your head with your rear in the end, this will encourage the passing of gas from your system. When you are trying to push the gas out of your abdomen, make sure to do so on an empty stomach or over a toilet.
- Try the following Yogic poses:
Avoid carbonated drinks: Consuming carbonated drinks is a big NO if you want to decrease the amount of gas in the body. Drinking these will lead to an increase in gas and may also lead to chest pain.
Include these in your diet:
- Mustard is said to decrease the amount of gas in the body as well as preventing its build-up, so try and add it to one of your daily meals.
- Turmeric, cumin and cardamom are known to aid good digestion.
- Adding ginger to your food or chew on the root will offer quick relief and aid your digestion.
- Drink lemon juice or other citrus fruit juice. The papaya is a wonderful fruit to eat when bloated, and will help you get rid of that gas the fastest.
Source: Internet and other
The views expressed in this article should not be considered as a substitute for a physician’s advice. Always make sure to seek a doctor or a professional’s advice before proceeding with the home treatment plan.