According to CDC, American public should “prepare” for an outbreak of coronavirus, also known as COVID-19.
According to the latest situation report from the World Health Organization (WHO), there are 53 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the U.S.
There are more than 80,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus worldwide, with more than 77,000 of them in China.
Per the latest data, 2,700 people have died after contracting the virus.
- The WHO says people “are presenting with a wide range of symptoms,” but signs of coronavirus are similar to symptoms of the flu. People infected with coronavirus may have a runny nose, headache, cough, sore throat, fever, and generally feel sick. It can also cause lower-respiratory tract infections like pneumonia or bronchitis.
- A flu shot cannot prevent coronavirus.
The CDC offers ways to prevent the virus:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
And, as for those face masks, the CDC offers the following information:
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of face masks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
Source: Internet and other
The views expressed in this article should not be considered as a substitute for a physician’s advice. Always make sure to seek a doctor or a professional’s advice before proceeding with the home treatment plan.