It is cold outside. And many of the locations are facing rolling black-outs. Here are some tips to stay warm.
Tips to stay warm:
- Close any blinds/curtains or put blankets or towels up to cover windows and provide insulation
- Close off rooms to avoid losing heat
- Stuff towels in cracks under doors, esp. exterior ones
- Wear layers of loose fitting, warm clothing, especially warm socks and gloves if you have them
- Eat and drink food to provide energy to warm the body but avoid alcohol or caffeine
- If you have candles, lighting them can help act as a heat source, especially in an enclosed space. But do not rely on them, and remember to practice good fire safety.
- Under no circumstances should you bring a generator inside. They should remain 30 feet away from your home
- Don’t use a stove or oven for heat, this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning
Source: Internet & others