Researchers from The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston recently examined 72 supermarket staples and discovered traces of the chemical in several groceries, including prepackaged pizza, meats, and beverages.
The Girl Scout’s Mango Cookies with Nutrifusion, for example, boast a hearty helping of essential vitamins thanks to the "whole food concentrate powder" found at the bottom of the ingredient list. Closer to the top of that list are some ingredients that don’t rank high on vitamin levels, however: namely sugar, dextrose, and corn syrup.
Eat Clean 2013: Prevention’s 100 Cleanest Packaged Food Awards, where we reveal the best, healthiest, and cleanest boxed and bagged foods on the market.
• Must not contain GMO ingredients.
• Must have no more than 10 g of added sugar
• Must have less than 200 mg of sodium per serving (or 400 mg for meals)
• All cans must be free of BPA
• All fish must be sustainable, according to Monterey Bay Aquarium seafood criteria
• foods has to be delicious
· Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted whole grain cereal
· Nature’s Path Qi’a Superfood
· Vigilant Eats organic superfood oat-based cereal
· Kashi 7 Whole Grain Flakes
· Purely Elizabeth cranberry pecan granola cereal
· KIND Healthy Grains Cinnamon Oat Clusters with Flax Seeds
· Trader Joe’s gluten-free rolled oats
· Stonyfield Greek, 0%, plain
· WholeSoy & Co unsweetened plain soy yogurt
· SoDelicious cultured coconut milk Greek-style yogurt
· Nature’s Path organic flax plus frozen waffles
· Organic Valley 2% milk
· Pacific Natural Foods organic almond milk
· Silk Pure Coconutmilk
· WESTSOY organic unsweetened soymilk
· Eggland’s Best organic eggs
· Morningstar Farms breakfast patties made with organic soy