When you are buying any animal product, preferably buy organic.
Tag Archives: organic
YOUR MONEY DOES THE TALKING
LATEST METASTUDY NEWS: ORGANICS ARE BETTER
In the largest study of its kind published in the British Journal of Nutrition, an international team of experts led by Newcastle University analyzed 343 pieces of research into the compositional differences between organic and conventional crops.
· They concluded organic crops and crop-based foods are up to 60 per cent higher in a number of key antioxidants than conventionally-grown crops.
· The concentration of antioxidants such as polyphenolics were between 18-69 per cent higher in organically-grown crops. Studies have linked antioxidants to a reduced risk of chronic diseases, including cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases and certain cancers.
· They also found significantly lower levels of toxic heavy metals in organic crops. Cadmium, was 50 per cent lower in organic crops than conventionally-grown ones.
- Nitrogen concentrations were significantly lower in organic crops. Concentrations of nitrate was 30% lower and nitrite 87% lower in organic compared to conventional crops. These have been linked to diseases like leukemia, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and ovarian, colon, rectal, bladder, stomach, esophageal, pancreatic, and thyroid cancer (especially in kids)
- Pesticide residues were four times more likely to be found in conventional crops than organic ones.
Source: Read here and http://healthychild.org/easy-steps/avoid-nitrates-and-nitrites-in-food/
KASHI – A FAKE
Kellogg will remove “All Natural” and “Nothing Artificial” labels from its Kashi products by the end of the year. The AP notes that some of the artificial ingredients that are included in Kellogg products are pyridoxine hydrochloride, calcium pantothenate, hexane-processed soy ingredients, ascorbic acid, glycerin and sodium phosphate.
And you thought they did that from the goodness of their heart. NO! Kellogg has decided to remove these labels from its Kashi products to settle a class-action lawsuit.
MAKE YOUR OWN ORGANIC CLEANER
Skip the antibacterial store cleaners
Make Your own:
9 parts water
1 part white vinegar
Store in a spray bottle
For stubborn stains – use an extra squirt of hydrogen peroxide.
15 FOODS WITH LOWER PESTICIDES
Check out Environmental Working Group’s Dirty Dozen (http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary.php)
ORGANIC non-GMO BEER
Even beer drinkers are going organic 🙂
ORGANIC GOOD EATS FOR KIDS
Researchers from The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston recently examined 72 supermarket staples and discovered traces of the chemical in several groceries, including prepackaged pizza, meats, and beverages.
The Girl Scout’s Mango Cookies with Nutrifusion, for example, boast a hearty helping of essential vitamins thanks to the "whole food concentrate powder" found at the bottom of the ingredient list. Closer to the top of that list are some ingredients that don’t rank high on vitamin levels, however: namely sugar, dextrose, and corn syrup.
Eat Clean 2013: Prevention’s 100 Cleanest Packaged Food Awards, where we reveal the best, healthiest, and cleanest boxed and bagged foods on the market.
• Must not contain GMO ingredients.
• Must have no more than 10 g of added sugar
• Must have less than 200 mg of sodium per serving (or 400 mg for meals)
• All cans must be free of BPA
• All fish must be sustainable, according to Monterey Bay Aquarium seafood criteria
• foods has to be delicious
· Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted whole grain cereal
· Nature’s Path Qi’a Superfood
· Vigilant Eats organic superfood oat-based cereal
· Kashi 7 Whole Grain Flakes
· Purely Elizabeth cranberry pecan granola cereal
· KIND Healthy Grains Cinnamon Oat Clusters with Flax Seeds
· Trader Joe’s gluten-free rolled oats
· Stonyfield Greek, 0%, plain
· WholeSoy & Co unsweetened plain soy yogurt
· SoDelicious cultured coconut milk Greek-style yogurt
· Nature’s Path organic flax plus frozen waffles
· Organic Valley 2% milk
· Pacific Natural Foods organic almond milk
· Silk Pure Coconutmilk
· WESTSOY organic unsweetened soymilk
· Eggland’s Best organic eggs
· Morningstar Farms breakfast patties made with organic soy