Food poisoning can be deadly. It may follow with severe stomach ache and diarrhea within a couple of days. With symptoms ranging from mild to severe abdominal cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness and dehydration, food poisoning is a condition not to be ignored. Listed below are a few effective home remedies to cure food poisoning:
Food Poisoning Remedies (This article is for non-acute conditions.)
* Water: It is very important to keep yourself fully hydrated during the period of food poising, as your body tends to lose more water through diarrhea. Also, keeping up your water content, rapidly flushes out the toxins and bacteria, which enhances your recovery. If you don’t like water, try Peppermint tea: It’s not just aromatherapy. Peppermint oil is known to have a soothing effect, which is extremely beneficial for people suffering from stomach spasms due to food poisoning. Add a few drops to your tea; your cramps will vanish in a couple of hours.
* Activated charcoal: Activated charcoal absorbs all the unwanted gases and substances that may be harmful to the delicate lining of the stomach, thereby aiding speedy recovery.
* Ginger: It adds flavor to your dishes, but is also an excellent home remedy for curing almost all types of digestive problems. Take a tablespoon of honey with a few drops of ginger juice to reduce inflammation and pain.
* Cumin: Cumin or jeera seeds are a good way to soothe the inflammation in your stomach, reduce the tenderness and aid healing. Crush a tablespoon of cumin seeds and add it to your clear soup.
* Basil: Basil is another excellent home remedy to cure infections of both the stomach and the throat. Strain the juice of a few basil leaves and add it to a tablespoon of honey. It’s bound to show positive results within a couple of hours.
* Bananas: Bananas are a rich of potassium. They aid recovery and reduce the effects of food poisoning to an impressive level. Mash a couple of bananas and apple, or whip up a quick banana shake.
* Apples: Apples are as effective against food poisoning as they reduce heartburn and acid reflux. Apples are known to have enzymes that inhibit the growth of the bacteria that cause diarrhea and stomach ache.
* Lemon: The acidity of the lemon juice kills most of the bacteria that cause food poisoning. Squeeze the juice of a lemon and add a pinch of sugar to it. Drink it as you would take any medicine, or you can even add lemon to your tea. Similarly, apple cider vinegar: Being acidic in nature, vinegar, specifically apple cider vinegar, soothes the gastro-intestinal lining. Also, it makes the environment of the stomach inhospitable for the bacteria to breed in, which helps speed up the recovery.
If you have a more severe case, consult your doctor. Our doctor has a special herbal magic tea recipe that provides a speedy recovery.
Yoga Poses for Indigestion and Food poisoning
* Try Balasana
[Image result for Balasana yoga poses images with names]
[Image result for pawanmuktasana yoga poses images with names] Source: Internet and Others (Shared for educational purposes only)