Stomach Gas, an embarrassing situation, is a very uncomfortable feeling, and can cause real pain. Symptoms of stomach gas includes:
* Frequent passing of gas
* Feeling as if bloated
* Loss of appetite
* Abdomen feels ‘tight’
* Jabbing chest pain
Causes of stomach gas build-up
* The main cause is poor digestion, meaning some undigested food remains in our colon and get fermented by the bacteria that live there. This process releases gas that builds up in our abdomen. Unfortunately, the most healthy and fiber-rich foods are the ones hardest to digest, and so will often lead to gas build-up.
* Intolerance to certain types of food can also cause this effect.
* Constipation will often lead to excess gas.
Getting rid of the excess stomach gas
1. Avoid carbonated drinks: Drinking these will lead to an increase in gas and may also lead to chest pain.
Instead, Drink more hot liquids. Hot liquids help the most, try herbal tea, but even coffee will help get that gas along. Having excess gas in your stomach is usually a sign of poor digestion, drinking plenty of fluid helps moving the undigested remnants of the food from the colon. This is especially true when we eat a lot of fiber rich food, when the undigested food particles accumulate in the colon. So drink up.
Also, add a spoonful of baking soda to a cup of hot water and mix well. Drink this every couple of hours for quick relief.
1. Add Mustard, Indian Spices and Ginger: Mustard is said to decrease the amount of gas in the body as well as preventing its build-up, so try and add it to one of your daily meals. Turmeric, cumin and cardamom are known to aid good digestion. Adding ginger to your food or chew on the root will offer quick relief and aid your digestion.
1. Certain fruit can help: Drink lemon juice or other citrus fruit juice. The papaya is a wonderful fruit to eat when bloated, and will help you get rid of that gas the fastest.
1. Lie Down or try different positions: Lie down and keep your head elevated, this position will help pass the discomfort you are feeling in a few minutes. Remain in this position until the discomfort you’re feeling is gone. You can lie down on your side, but still keeping the head elevated. If you are in distress, another position you can take is kneels on your head with your rear in the end, this will encourage the passing of gas from your system. When you are trying to push the gas out of your abdomen, make sure to do so on an empty stomach or over a toilet.
1. Ask us the doctor for our Magic Tea recipe, that aids gas and other indigestion problems.
Source: Internet and Others