The city of Plano is making all libraries, except Harrington, available to serve as cooling stations.
Carpenter Recreation Center, Oak Point Recreation Center, Tom Muhlehbeck Recreation Center and Liberty Recreation Center are also available cooling stations. Sam Johnson Recreation Center is also an option for members of Plano’s senior community. Each facility will be open for normal operating hours, provided they have power.
Oncor encourages Plano residents to take the following conservation steps:
- Turn off any unnecessary lights and equipment.
- Turn thermostat up 2 to 3 degrees.
- Set programmable thermostats to higher temperatures when no one is home.
- Use fans to feel 4 to 6 degrees cooler.
- Limit use of large appliances (i.e., dishwasher, washer, dryer, etc.).
- If you cook indoors, use a microwave or slow cooker.
- Close blinds and drapes during late afternoon.
- Schedule pool pumps to run in the early morning or overnight hours.